I feel a strong desire to connect with people - on a level that is strange and admittedly a little creepy.
I'm connected with someone as I sit next to them, at lunch, on the bus, in the coffee shop - and that is whether I know them or not.
If I can - I will breathe in the same rhythm you breathe. I will try and read at your pace - turn the page when you turn the page, I will look at your IPOD and try and see if we have similar music tastes.
Granted, this connection is all one-sided as I'm sure the Man on the bus listening to Kings of Leon while I'm also listening to Kings of Leon - has no idea that I have inserted myself into his life.
I realize this makes me seem so stalkerish...But, I have to say that I have created a life, in which, I have believed that I could exist when no others were in existence. The idea of living the rest of my life without another person, was okay. Was preferred.
How wrong was I? How can I say this was my true created reality - when I'm searching for ways to connect?
I find comfort in being surrounded by people. I find comfort in connecting with people on a level that is self-created and self-understood.
I need people, more than I could ever had imagined.
We all do.
~Stephanie
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment